We will also be combining appointments to co-administer the Autumn '23 Covid Booster to those eligible, meaning you will only need to attend the practice once for both vaccines. All those who turn 65 years by 31 March 2024 are eligible for both vaccinations.
Invitations are being sent according to a priority system. Please wait to be invited before contacting the surgery. Invites will be sent by email, letter or text message, please follow the instructions given in the invitation when booking your appointment.
In line with NHS guidance we will be prioritising our ‘at risk’ groups first.
We ask that you please do not call the surgery so that our phone-lines can be kept free for those most in need.
Patients are encouraged to wear face covering to prevent to spread of infection.
Patients eligible for the Autumn '23 Booster include:
• Residents in a care home for older adults
• All adults aged 65 years and over
• People with certain health conditions
• Those who are Pregnant
• Those living with someone who is more likely to get a severe infection due to a weakened immune system, such as someone living with HIV, someone who has had a transplant, or is having certain treatments for cancer, lupus or rheumatoid arthritis
• Those in receipt of carer’s allowance, or are the main carer for an older or disabled person who may be at risk
• Front-line health and social care workers
Find out more at nhs.uk
You can have the NHS Flu Vaccine at:
• Your GP surgery
• A pharmacy offering the service (for those 18yrs+)
• Some midwifery services if you are pregnant
Find out more at nhs.uk
Invites will go out to patients as per previous phases. Starting with our Care Home Residents and then inviting patients to be in priority order
We ask that you please do not call or drop into the surgery, if you have not yet been invited, so that our phone-lines and reception staff can be kept free for those patients most in need.
Do not attend your appointment if you are feeling unwell. Call 01273 480888, and select Option 2, to cancel.
Call 01273 480888, and select Option 2, to cancel.
If you have mobility issues we may be able to offer a ‘drive through’ vaccination appointment. Please speak to a receptionist if you believe you need a ‘drive through’ appointment.
Housebound patients will be contacted and arrangements will be made.