MindOut is a mental health service run by and for lesbians, gay, bisexual, trans and queer people with experience of mental health issues.
• Listening / responding to the LGBTQ experience of mental health
• Offering hope through positive relationships and professional expertise
• Preventing isolation, crisis and suicidal distress in LGBTQ communities
• Providing safe spaces for people to meet and support each other
• Helping people protect their rights and get their voices heard
• Campaigning and creating conversations about LGBTQ mental health
Brighton & Hove LGBTQ+ Switchboard works in partnership with MindOut.
It is charity for LGBTQ+ people looking for community, support or information. They connect people and support them directly through specially developed Switchboard services or link them to other specialist organisations.
Operated by LGBTQ+ volunteers who you can talk to confidentially and anonymously about anything that’s on your mind.
Their Helpline operators and our counsellors are trained to support LGBTQ+ people concerned about their mental health and wellbeing.
T: 0300 330 0630