There are many ways to request a prescription:
• The NHS App
• Our Prescription Request form
• Patient Online Services – systmonline/Airmid
• A written request. This must include your name; date of birth, NHS number (If known) and details of the medication you wish to renew.
Due to errors occurring, we cannot take prescription requests over the telephone.
If you are unable to use any of these methods please contact the practice on 01273 480888, Option 3. Our team will be happy to discuss your options.
• Please allow 3 working days for us to process your request.
• Our Admin Team are available on 01273 480888, option 3. They can help with any medication queries. They cannot take prescription requests over the phone.
• If possible, it is best to order all your medication at one time.
• We often need to review your medication. As such, to renew your medication, you may need to arrange an appointment with a clinician.
• If you are asking for a new medication please explain why you are requesting it. Without this we may not be able to authorise your request. Note: This also applies if you are asking to make a change to an existing medication.
Most prescriptions are now signed, sent and processed electronically.
You can select from the following options:
Select a pharmacy to dispense all your prescriptions.
We will send your prescription straight to that pharmacy. You can collect your item without a paper prescription. Read on to find out how you can nominate a pharmacy.
Choose where you would like to get it dispensed each time.
You will receive a paper copy of your prescription to take to any pharmacy in England. It will contain a barcode that they will scan. This allow them to download your prescription from the NHS database
More information can be found on the NHS Website.
Most adults in England have to pay prescription charges.
Some items are always free, including contraceptives.
The prescription charge in England is currently:
• £9.65 per item*
Prescription Prepayment Certificates offer real savings for people who need extensive medication. It is also known as a PPC.
A PPC lets you get as many NHS prescriptions as you need for a set price.
A PPC costs:
• £31.25 for a 3 month standard PPC
• £111.60 for a 12 month standard PPC
• £19.30 for a 12 month PPC for Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)
Visit the NHS website for further information about prescription fees and exemptions. You can also call 0300 330 1341
*These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.